Book Review: Paper Towns

Monday, October 14, 2013


I know I've been posting a lot of lifestyle centered blog post lately but I can't help it, so much as been going on. Though today I thought I would break 'em up a bit and finally get around to the book review I promised. So without further ado here it is.


This past August I read John Green's Paper Towns, yes, I did just say August, that's how over due this review is, again sorry. Anyway out of all of the novels I've read from Green (4 in total) this one has to have been my favorite, well actually it's tied with TFIOS for first place but I already reviewed that book.

Paper Towns  is set in a subdivision of Orlando, Florida were main character Quentin "Q" Jacobson has lived next door to who he believes is the girl of his dreams, former best friend Margo Roth Spiegelman. The former bff's reconnect once more in their final days of high school for one crazy late night adventure. That night Margo has planned one hell of a revenge on all those who have wronged her and she enlists the help of Quentin to get the job done. Together they are able to complete their revenge and reconnect to their former best friend days while bonding over stinky fish, missing eyebrows and late night streaking. During the night Margo confides in Quentin on her true feelings of their home town and all the people they grew up knowing.

The next day Margo goes missing and Quentin believes that it is his duty to find her and bring her home in hopes that things have truly changed between them and that together they can survive one last summer in their town. With his friends by his side Quentin heads out in search of clues as to where Margo could be. With further investigation Quentin is lead to believe that Margo isn't missing but is hiding out, worse turns to worse and Quentin now believes that Margo may be in actual danger and now he is more determined then ever to find her.

Don't let that last bit, about the girl being missing, fool you this book is wicked smart and funny, some parts had me laughing out loud. This book is one big adventure, you actually feel like you are riding alond side Quentin and Margo and Q and his friends throughout it all. I sometimes feel that a lot of John Green's books start off kind of slow and weird and boring, which is true with 2 out of the 4 that I've read, but this book is not like that at all. I enjoyed this book from start to finish and I can't wait to read it again.

Let me know if you've read this book and what you thought of it, also tell me if you've read any John Green books and what your favorite is. And finally if you have any suggestions on what I should read next please, please, please share.

2 comments :

  1. This sounds really interesting. I've only read The Fault In Our Stars so far (although I just purchased Will Grayson, Will Grayson. I think I'll have to read this one next.

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Its a really good book definitely worth a read. I'm slowly making my way to Will Grayson, Will Grayson, it's the next John Green book on my reading list.

      xo, Janiecy

      Delete